Having the right auto insurance policy helps to protect you financially if you are involved in an accident and your vehicle is damaged.
Choosing the right auto insurance can be overwhelming. Reach out to our agency today because we work with multiple companies and we’ll check with each of them, to find the best policy for you.
What Do Auto Insurance Policies Cover?
Depending on the policy you choose, your coverages will vary. Here are some of the most popular coverages:
- Collision Coverage—This portion of your policy helps cover damage costs if you are involved in a collision.
- Liability Coverage—If you are at fault in a wreck, this type of coverage helps insure you against any damage you cause others. Most states, including Texas, require drivers to carry minimum amounts of liability insurance. There are two kinds of coverage included in liability insurance:
- Property damage liability—This coverage helps pay for damage to the other driver’s property (e.g., their car).
- Bodily injury liability—This coverage helps pay for medical bills and sometimes death benefits for the other person involved in the wreck.
- Medical payments (MedPay) Coverage—This portion of your policy helps you pay for the medical bills of you and your passengers if you are involved in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist Coverage—This type of coverage helps you cover the cost of damages caused by someone who doesn’t have adequate auto insurance, specifically liability coverage.
- Comprehensive Coverage—This portion of your policy covers damages that are not related to a wreck, such as theft, weather damage or vandalism.
There may be additional coverages that will be necessary based on your unique situation. Be sure to ask our agency how we can tailor your auto coverage to your needs.
Find Your Policy
Chambliss Premier Insurance is committed to helping you find a policy to fit your specific needs. Reach out to us today to start the conversation or to get a quote.