Tips to Maintain Your Home This Fall
The costs of not preparing your home properly for fall can be high. Here are some timely maintenance tips you may find helpful:
- Clean Gutters. Gutters clogged with debris can lead to damage to your roof line, soffit, exterior siding and even the foundation of your home.
Clearing gutters allows them to perform their job of moving water away from your home.
- Check the Roof. Summer wind and rains may have lifted or even peeled away some shingles. Visually inspect your roof for damaged shingles and raised areas.
Repair these areas before colder temperatures arrive.
- Have Your Furnace Checked. This is the best time for a professional tune-up of your heating system. You also want to replace filters to help it run more efficiently.
- Check Your Chimney. If you didn’t have your chimney cleaned in the spring, have it done now. A build-up of creosote in your chimney can cause a destructive fire.
- Perform Landscaping Tasks. Clear leaves, schedule fall lawn fertilization, trim bushes away from your home, and store your outdoor furniture and grill.
These tips can not only save you money, they could also prevent a major loss to your home. As your independent insurance agency, we want to help you protect one of your largest investments.
Be sure to Contact Us if you have any questions.